Welcome to the North Carolina Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NC EDSS), a secure site for North Carolina healthcare workers. NC EDSS is provided by the North Carolina Division of Public Health, a division of the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
This system is the property of the State of North Carolina and is for authorized use only. Unauthorized access is a violation of federal and state law. Unauthorized access or use of this computer system may subject violators to criminal, civil, and/or administrative action.
All information on this computer system may be intercepted, recorded, read, copied, and disclosed by and to authorized personnel for official purposes, including criminal investigations. Such information includes data encrypted to comply with confidentiality and privacy requirements. Access or use of this computer system by any person, whether authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to these terms. There is no right of privacy in this system.
- I understand the NC EDSS information system is to be used only for official purposes.
- All information on the NC EDSS is confidential. I will not use or disclose this information except for its authorized purposes. I agree not to share information obtained on the NC EDSS with anyone (including family members) other than authorized NC EDSS users.
- I agree to apply appropriate safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of the information obtained on the NC EDSS.
- I agree not to share my login credentials (i.e., Login ID, Password) with anyone other than NC EDSS support staff.
- I agree to access and use the NC EDSS in compliance with federal and state laws and DHHS policies which regulate use of information systems and I understand that non-compliance could result in consequences set forth in applicable regulations and policies.
If you experience problems logging in, please use one of the following reset options:
- Self-Reset: You may reset your password via the link on the login page if you have set up your security question and email information in NC EDSS.
- Help-Desk Supported Reset: Call the DHHS Customer Support Center at (919) 855-3200 between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST and choose option 2, or send an email to DHHS.Customer.Support.Center@dhhs.nc.gov.
If you have trouble using NC EDSS (after you log in), please call the help desk at 919-715-5548 (toll-free at 877-625-9259), from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. After normal business hours, please leave a message and your call will be returned when business hours resume. You may also send an email to NCEDSSHelpDesk@dhhs.nc.gov.